Sunday, April 3, 2011

bantjes

marty helped me settle on the composition i ultimately finished with by folding two options in half to combine them. this necessitated the addition of a second axis for my type, something i hadn't really thought to try up until that point, but i think it helps my composition be less static, to be asymmetrical in such a way that still speaks to symmetry.
this was my last set of iterations, once i had my basic composition figured out. they don't all have real corners because i wanted to do quick type comparisons without bogging down my computer.



















double axis revelation:


the other aspect of this lecture-publicity project was a postcard to advertise the event. i tried a few different methods, utilizing my established language in a few different ways.
this last one is my final postcard. i tried to utilize several different alignments in my type to allow for movement, and i strove for contrast between the large and small lines of text for hierarchy and interest.



















hopefully monday's critique goes well! i think, looking at my first round of ideas, this has come a long way into something very nice looking, that is informed by marian bantjes's process as well as aesthetic, without crossing the line into mimicry.

No comments:

Post a Comment