Monday, March 12, 2012

happy type

while the duplication of letterforms helps reinforce the feeling in the angry type sample, when it came to happy, it became more confusing. it still seemed happy to me, because i knew what i was looking for, but i had to realize that multiplied, overlaid text is a signifier for anger, no matter how happy it looked to me compared to the angry sample.

here's what happy looked like overlaid:

it's so swirly and curly and bubbly! but that overlapping just wouldn't do. so for this type sample, i took my artistic license to average the letterforms myself into one path each. i took this new alphabet and used it to create my happy typeface, again with the lowercase being a pre-happy and the uppercase being a post-happy alphabet, lending the caps to a new level of excitement.


here it is in action:



No comments:

Post a Comment