Sunday, February 20, 2011

billboards & buses. take 3.

i have spent an amount of time trying to ascertain the name for the "|" mark. thus far, i have "pipe," "bar," "vertical bar," "or-bar," and others. i'm just going to call it a bar for my purposes. stumped as to what to do with my tag, logo, & web address, i was just moving things ceaselessly around until marty
pointed that fellow out to me (lives upstairs of the backslash) and it just resolved things for me so concisely. as for my buses, whose compositions i started over on because they were too hectic and loud... their quotes got smaller, given that they would be most read by the people standing near the bus who were in no great hurry, waiting to board, and i gave up on trying to wrap a complex string of neurons all the way around the bus, choosing instead to use select pattern-pieces and fade them out rather than letting them end bluntly. this makes for a much cleaner, more subtle style, i think, and allowed me to use one iconic piece on the back panel rather than a tangled mess of trying to make my full-bleeds match up. i had thought that connectedness would be more important, but i think the clarity and simplicity of this solution works much better in action.










No comments:

Post a Comment