Thursday, April 21, 2011

hey, classmates cruisin' blogger... penny for your thoughts?

presently working on trying to come up with better pairs of old/new tech for synthesizer and laptop. 
obviously the record player/victrola horn is just so miserably concise and logical and intuitive that i'm having an awful time trying to bring my other pairings to that point. do these make any sense at all? (this is obviously not in the context of any design yet, they're just 3 separate related icon-things.)

























answer key: it's a pipe-organ on the synthesizer... and typewriter with the macbook. these make sense in my head, but i have a feeling they might not make sense to the rest of the world quite so well.

most important question of all: looking at those three little guys, did you have any quick flashes of better ideas? :D

2 comments:

  1. The typewriter is genius, don't change it.
    I couldn't tell what the pipe organ was. It does make sense to match a pipe organ with a synthesizer (to me, anyway.) You probably just need a better image of it. Or just use a piano (simpler, might translate better?)
    Hope that helped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I agree, the pipe-organ juxtaposition isn't as easy to read as the other two. The combination seems forced, I would suggest finding another image. I get the typewriter, but I don't know if it's problematic that you've covered half of your icon because I understand that your icons are digital equipment, but to someone who hasn't been with your icons or read the description above, will they see it?

    ReplyDelete